You are probably feeling very excited about this family enterprise, but sometimes homeschooling families may also feel a little bit insecure about the process of teaching or a little overwhelmed by the amount of work that must be accomplished each year.
> > > We Can Help! < < <
Since educating children is a big responsibility, some homeschool families may decide to outsource instruction for some subjects such as Reading, Writing, or Math when a student’s needs cannot be met by someone within the family. It is our job to provide that homeschool support!
• a student has previously struggled with Reading, Writing, or Math.
• the instructional reading level is one or more years below grade expectation.
• basic phonics is not mastered by the end of 1st grade.
• sight words are limited.
• word substitution does not make sense.
• a student is lacking reading fluency.
• there is inadequate oral vocabulary or a language delay is present.
• the student does not retain information or remember reading skills.
• there is little or no reading comprehension.
• the student finds it difficult to express ideas orally or in written form.
• there is frustration with (or avoidance of) reading, writing, or math tasks.
How Homeschool Support Is Provided
When you have the support of an experienced Instructional Specialist it can really help make your homeschool journey a successful one.
Our Reading Specialists and Consultants are ready to listen to your concerns and to collaborate with you to help improve your family’s homeschooling experience.
You may utilize just one or all of the categories of homeschool support that are offered by Reading Success Center.
Initially, our Reading Specialist will conduct a Free Consultation with you and your child to determine which literacy or math skills may need to be taught.
You may purchase a Diagnostic Assessment which will include a written report. This report will identify your child’s weak or missing skills and strategies and it will offer suggestions for how to teach those skills at home.
Parent Training & Support
When the Reading Specialist meets with you to review the results of the diagnostic assessment, you will be shown how to teach those skills at home. Ongoing homeschooling support will be provided if you call with a question.
Developmentally appropriate materials and books are available for purchase through our Teach & Learn Store which is located inside Reading Success Center. As part of our homeschooling support, our Reading Specialist will demonstrate how to effectively utilize these materials at home.
You may choose to hire one of our Reading Specialists or Learning Consultants to teach your child. We can arrange Individual or Group Lessons. A lesson package may be purchased with a focus on either Enrichment for students who are advanced or on Remediation for students who are struggling.
- Pre-Reading Skills
- Reading Fluency
- Sight Words
- Reading Comprehension
- Listening Comprehension
- Critical Thinking
- Creative Writing
- Essay Writing
- Study Skills
- Basic Math